Dual Battery Charging
This advanced 10A 12V/24V dual battery solar controller uses advanced MPPT technology to charge two independent batteries or battery banks. The main battery is charged at high power, while a secondary battery is given a trickle charge of up to 1A. This makes it a perfect solar controller for a campervan, motorhome, boat or any other system with 2 batteries (e.g. engine and leisure battery). The main battery will be charged with a majority of the power, whilst the second battery will be trickle charged to keep it topped up and ready for use.
Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Technology
MPPT technology ensures the maximum efficiency of your solar system and significantly outperforms standard PWM solar controllers. Another benefit of MPPT technology is the wide solar input voltage range – this controller can work not only with standard off-grid 12/24V solar panels, but also with multiple panels with voltage up to 60V. The maximum combined solar input power allowed for this controller is 130W for a 12V battery system or 260W for a 24V system. In particular, this controller will significantly increase efficiency of a solar system where the solar panel voltage is much higher than the battery voltage (e.g. charging a 12V battery with a 36V solar panel).
Full Range of Protection Functions:
This charge controller features a comprehensive set of electronic protection functions to prevent reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), over-charging, short circuit, reverse polarity and more. The solar controller case is water resistant to a rating of IP33 when installed, for protection against sprays of water at up to 60 degrees from vertical.
Advanced Battery Compatibility:
Unlike many other less advanced solar charge controllers, this model is 100% compatible with a broad range of battery types for the main battery, such as Gel, AGM, Lead-Acid Flooded, and Lithium (LiFePO4 or Li-NiCoMn) batteries.
Advanced System Functionality:
- The controller automatically recognises 12/24V battery systems (note a battery should always be connected to the controller first before connecting a solar panel, system voltage recognition based on secondary battery)
- Built-in LCD screen shows real-time charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for the solar panel and each battery), battery state of charge, and accumulated charging energy
- Easy to use buttons allow the user to manually select the battery type (sealed, flooded, gel or Lithium), change the temperature units, and reset the in-built counters (charging energy, min/max voltages)
- When not in use, the system automatically goes into a low power mode, reducing standby consumption when there is no solar power available, such as when the vehicle is parked in a garage
- Current limiting function (10A) allows the possibility of adding more solar panels to your solar system in the future
This model is also compatible with a remote meter MT11 with an LCD screen, which displays system performance information and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings from an easy to use and install remote screen.
In addition to the built-in temperature sensor and intelligent heat-dissipating design of this controller, there is also a socket for connecting a remote temperature sensor, which can be attached directly to the battery to measure the battery temperature more precisely. This allows the system to optimise the charging process for lead acid batteries or provide low temperature protection for lithium batteries.
Click on the 'Details and Specifications' tab for more information about this product.