(Available to pre-order)
The Smart BuckBoost DC-DC Charger can be used as a battery charger or as a power supply with a wide input and output voltage range.
In charger mode, the four-stage charge algorithm will increase battery life by properly charging the battery.
Especially in the case of vehicles with a Euro 5 or 6 smart alternator, which often supplies too low charging voltage even with the engine running or in the event of a voltage drop over long cables, controlled charging is crucial.
Controlled charging also protects the alternator in lithium systems from overloading, as the low impedance of lithium batteries results in a high alternator current.
In power supply mode, the output voltage remains stable regardless of the applied load or fluctuating input voltage (within the specified range).
The output voltage is fully adjustable and remains independent of the input voltage, thanks to the automatic buck-boost control.
This control also guarantees that the current will never exceed the set value, even when the input voltage is higher than the output voltage.
- Smart Alternator Compatibility
- Engine shutdown detection checks if the engine is running so the charger only activates when the alternator is supplying power
- Adaptive 4-Stage Charging Algorithm
- Bulk / Absorption / Float / Storage
- The charge algorithms are fully programmable, configurable with VictronConnect
- Comprehensive Electronic Protection
- Protected against overload
- Protected against short circuit
- Protected against excessive temperatures
- Adaptive Abosrption
- With adaptive absorption, the correct absorption time is calculated automatically. A 1-hour absorption charge will occur every 7 days (or as configured) to refresh the battery and prevent slow self-discharge
- Low Temperature Shutdown
- The charger will turn off at lower temperatures to prevent damage to lithium batteries. This is configurable with VictronConnect
- Monitor and control your charger via a wired connection from a Victron GX device, or use a PC, Apply computer or Android device in conjunction with VictronConnect via a wired VE.Direct connection.
- Configuration and Monitoring via VictronConnect
- With built-in Bluetooth, you can change settings, monitor activities and update software using Apple and Android smartphones, tablets or other devices.
- Various parameters can be adjusted and monitored with the VictronConnect App, including Instant Readout, which displays the most important data of the charger and other smart products on the Device list page without the need to connect to the product. This includes visual notifications of warnings, alarms and errors that enable diagnostics at a glance.
- The charger complies with ingress protection rating IP65; this means the product is dust-tight and protected against heavy rain.
- Generated heat is dissipated through natural convection, eliminating the need for a cooling fan.