The BMS will:
- Generate a pre-alarm signal to alert of an imminent cell under voltage condition.
- Disable inverting in VE.Bus inverters or inverter/chargers via VE.Bus, and disable other loads via the ‘Load Disconnect’ terminal in the event of a cell under voltage condition.
- Disable charging in VE.Bus inverters or inverter/chargers via VE.Bus and disable other chargers via the ‘Charge Disconnect’ terminal in the event of a cell overvoltage, under temperature or over temperature condition.
The “next generation” VE.Bus BMS V2 has additional features such as:
- Remote on/off terminals.
- Ability to disable VE.Direct and VE.Can solar chargers via a GX device.
- Allowing control of the VE.Bus inverter/charger from multiple devices, like the Digital Multi Control, the VE.Bus Smart dongle and/or a GX device.
- Auxiliary power input and output terminals that allow a GX device to remain powered in the event of a system shutdown.